4 October 2012
The Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Act 2012 was passed by Parliament on 10 September 2012 and assented to by the President on 28 September 2012.
The Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Act 2012, published on 1 October 2012 shall, with the exception of sections 5(a) and (d) and 9, come into operation on 1 October 2012. Sections 5(a) and (d) and 9 shall be deemed to have come into operation on 1 January 2012.
The following sections and/or Schedules of the Goods and Services Tax Act (the principal Act) are amended:
- Official secrecy (section 6)
- Scope of tax (section 8)
- Input tax allowable under section 19 (section 20)
- Zero-rating for exports and international services (section 21)
- Exempt supply (section 22)
- Application of customs legislation (section 26)
- Goods under customs control (section 37)
- Process applied to or carried out on goods of a person belonging in a country other than Singapore (section 37A)
- Refining of goods into investment precious metals (new section 37B)
- Accounting for and payment of tax (section 41)
- Remission of tax or penalty (section 89)
- Amendment of First Schedule, ‘Registration’
- Amendment of Fourth Schedule, ‘Exempt Supplies’
- New Sixth Schedule titled “Disclosure of names and particulars of persons and places”
- Miscellaneous amendments
Source: Government Gazette
You must be logged in to post a comment.