8 May 2014
On 21 April 2014, the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (“IRAS”) updated its website content for the following topics:
1. Filing Form C-S (Simplified Tax Filing for Small Companies)
From Year of Assessment (“YA”) 2014, IRAS will not issue paper copies of Form C-S. As such, companies that cannot e-file Form C-S are required to download the softcopy of Form C-S from the IRAS website, complete, print and submit the signed copy to IRAS.
Furthermore, from 2 June 2014, companies that e-File Form C-S for YA 2014 via myTax Portal will enjoy the following benefits:
- Extended filing due date till 15 December, instead of 30 November;
- Filing convenience via myTax Portal;
- Instant acknowledgement for successful e-filing.
2. How to obtain Form C / Form C-S
For YA 2014, companies that may not qualify for Form C-S (based on IRAS’ past records) will be issued a Form C paper-filing package. If a company received a Form C filing package but meets the qualifying conditions for filing Form C-S, it can still proceed to e-File Form C-S. In addition, it need not return the Form C to IRAS for cancellation.
If a company has not received a Form C / Form C-S filing package by end May 2014, it should:
- If filing Form C – download the softcopy of Form C, complete, print and submit the signed copy to IRAS. The company should also remember to fill in the Document Identification Number (DIN) on the DIN sheet of the Form C template.
- If filing Form C-S – e-file Form C-S via myTax Portal from 2 June 2014 and fill in the DIN on the DIN sheet of the Form C-S template.
3. How to complete Form C
A guide to completing the Form C for YA 2014 is now available on the IRAS website.
4. Essential information to note when filing Form C and Form C-S
5. Tips for small and medium enterprises (“SMEs”) on Form C / Form C-S filing
For more information regarding the above, please refer to the IRAS website.
Source: Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
You must be logged in to post a comment.