11 August 2015
The Income Tax (PIC Automation Equipment) (Amendment) Rules 2015 [478/2015] were published in the Government Gazette, Electronic Edition on 6 August 2015. The Rules amend:
- Rule 3(1) of the Income Tax (PIC Automation Equipment) Rules 2012 (G.N. No. S 209/2012) by deleting the words “the core process or one of the core processes” in sub‑paragraph (a) and substituting the words“one or more of the work processes” and deleting sub paragraph (c).
- The Schedule to the Income Tax (PIC Automation Equipment) Rules 2012, by inserting a Part 1, made up of the following changes:
– inserting, immediately after the words “Injection mould” in item 14, the words “and extrusion”;
– inserting, immediately after the word “systems” in item 16, the words “, and computer controlled offset printing press,”;
– deleting item 22 and substituting the following item:
“22. Automated kitchen equipment (including but not limited to any automated equipment used for food processing or preparation, dishwasher and blast freezer) used in connection with the sale of any food, where such sale forms the whole or a part of the applicant’s trade, profession or business.”;
– inserting, immediately after item 34, the following items:
“35. Qualifying construction equipment.
36. Automated equipment for cleaning, scrubbing, shampooing or cleaning-related operations, for the purpose of cleaning or maintaining any place or part of a place, including any such equipment when mounted on a vehicle but not the vehicle itself.
37. Automated cover systems for open-top containers.
38. Qualifying landscaping equipment.
39. Bi-directional mass flow metering system installed on a bunker tanker.
40. Qualifying waste management equipment.”;
- The Schedule to the Income Tax (PIC Automation Equipment) Rules 2012, by inserting a Part 2 comprising definitions of “qualifying construction equipment”, “qualifying landscaping equipment”, “qualifying waste management equipment”.
The following takes effect from:
- YA 2013 onwards: Rules 2 and 3(a), (b), (c), (d), (e) (items 35 and 36 of Part 1 of the Schedule) and (f) (paragraph 1 of Part 2 of the Schedule)
- YA 2014 onwards: Rule 3(e) (items 37 and 38 of Part 1 of the Schedule) and (f)(paragraph 2 of Part 2 of the Schedule)
- YA 2015 onwards: Rule 3(e) (items 39 and 40 of Part 1 of the Schedule) and (f)(paragraph 3 of Part 2 of the Schedule)
Source: Government Gazette