2 February 2016
The Income Tax (Exchange of Information Arrangement) Order 2016 was first published in the Government Gazette, Electronic Edition, on 25 January 2016 and comes into operation on 1 May 2016.
In the Order, the Declaration of Exchange of Information Arrangement states that Singapore is a party to the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters.
The Schedule of the Order is listed as follows:
- Chapter 1 – Scope of the Convention
- Chapter 2 – General definitions
- Chapter 3 – Forms of assistance
- Chapter 4 – Provisions relating to all forms of assistance
- Chapter 5 – Special provisions
- Chapter 6 – Final provisions
Singapore signed the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters on 29 May 2013.
Source: Government Gazette