6 December 2012
The Income Tax Act (Amendment of Eighth Schedule) Order 2012 came into operation on 3 December 2012, where amendments were made to the Eight Schedule of the Income Tax Act (Cap 134) which relates to “Information to be included in a request for information under Part XXA”.
The Eight Schedule: Part XXA – Exchange of information under avoidance of double taxation arrangements and exchange of information arrangements, now reads as follows:
- The purpose of the request.
- The identity of the competent authority.
- The identity of the person in relation to whom the information is requested.
- A statement of the information requested for including its nature, and the form in which the competent authority wishes to receive the information from the Comptroller.
- The grounds for believing that the information requested for is held by the Comptroller, the Comptroller of Goods and Services Tax, the Comptroller of Property Tax, the Chief Assessor or the Commissioner of Stamp Duties, or is in the possession or control of a person in Singapore.
- To the extent known, the name and address of any person believed to have possession or control of the information requested for.
- A statement that the request is in conformity with the law and administrative practices of the country of the competent authority, and that the competent authority is authorised to obtain the information under the laws of that country or in the normal course of administrative practice.
- A statement that the country has pursued all means available in its own territory to obtain the information except those that would give rise to disproportionate difficulties.
- [Deleted by S 595/2012 wef 03/12/2012]
- Any other information required to be included with the request under the prescribed arrangement.
- Any other information that may assist in giving effect to the request.
Source: Government Gazette